4-star Hotel / Parador
HBUR3, Burgos, Madrid and Inland Spain
Palace hotel in central Burgos
Set in an elegant 16th century palace on the southern bank of the Arlanzón river this delightful hotel is the perfect base to discover the charms of Burgos and the treasures of the province beyond.
Cross the bridge and within a short walk you can visit the monumental Cathedral and Plaza Mayor, or go along the river to the Monastery of Las Huelgas and the Museum of Human Evolution, or take a stroll and enjoy lovely the parklands alongside the river.
The hotel has a restaurant renowned as one of the city's finest – and competition is tough! There's also a more casual lobby bar where you can relax away fro the hustle and bustle of the city.
Being outside the city centre makes for an easy get-away to discover the many delights of Burgos province including medieval villages like O?a, Frias Covarrubias and Lerma and the nearby Atapuerca excavation site. Or head south to the wineries of the Ribera de Duero, thesource of Spain's finest wines.
110 rooms including superior doubles, superior doubles with Cathedral view and junior suites
Central location with views to river and Cathedral
On-site garage parking
Gym with sauna
Gastronomic restaurant offering an extensive buffet breakfast as well as lunch and evening meals.
Lobby bar offers light snacks and there are many restaurants and bars within a short walk.
Hotel Facilities24 Hour Reception
WiFi all areas
No smoking in hotel
Sports and WellbeingGym
Room facilities (all rooms)En-suite bathroom
Fridge / Minibar
Tea/Coffee making facilities
Shower over bathtub
Safe deposit box
DiningRestaurant, open to the public
Bars / restaurants within walking distance of the hotel
Bar, open to the public, serving drinks and light snacks
AccessibilityFacilities adapted for guests with reduced mobility
Room(s) adapted for guests with reduced mobility
Parking space adapted for guests with reduced mobility
ParkingGarage parking (extra charge)
Public parking nearby (pay locally)
Electric vehicle charging station
PetsNo pets allowed
Pets allowed by prior arrangement - please consult
Burgos, Madrid and Inland Spain
The prosperous city of Burgos, founded on the wool trade, boasts a vibrant old town based around the magnificent cathedral for which it is duly famous. Teeming with bars and restaurants and always lively – don't miss out on the Morcilla de Burgos (black pudding) or the local lamb, said to be the best in Spain and with local Ribera del Duero wines to wash it all down with. Who could complain!
- Museo de la Evolución Humana
- The importance and magnitude of the archaeological dig in the Atapuerca Mountains (20km away), a World Heritage Site, has put Burgos back in the map and with it its Museum of Human Evolution. Well worth a visit.
- Major staging point on the Camino de Santiago – look out for the great value pilgrim menus!
- Burgos cathedral, a World Heritage Site, recently restored in all its glory
- The city of El Cid, also known as El Campeador
- Busy old town; lively squares lines with bars & restaurants
- Spain’s best lamb & delicious black pudding – Ribera del Duero wines
- The excellent Museum of Human Evolution and nearby Atapuerca