3-star Hotel / Parador
HSEA1, Sear, North Spain
Charming country hotel near the beach in the Rias Baixas
A delightful 400 year old country house, which has been in the same family for four generations, the present owners lovingly restored their home at the beginning of this century to create this charming and very special small hotel.
In extensive, beautifully maintained grounds, you are out in the country here, yet only a seven minute walk to the lovely Playa de Areas beach and five minutes by car to the bustling resort of Sanxenxo in the Rias Baixas and within easy distance to all the main sights and cities in the area.
With its very comfortable bedrooms, magical interior patio, cosy dining room and bar and relaxing sitting out areas, your attentive and welcoming hosts, Tito, Loli and Elena and family will pamper you in every way. Loli's delicious homemade cakes alone tell the tale. It is not surprising that the former King of Spain chose to stay here on one occasion!
There are very comfortable, rustic style six bedrooms. Three are standard rooms, one is "special" (slightly larger than the standard rooms)and two are suites, all named after birds in danger of extinction in Galicia.
All rooms have their own bathroom, heating, telephone, music and TV (and possibility of DVD/VHS).
In addition, they have embroidered sheets, wooden hangers, full set of towels and bathrobes for each guest, as well as individual soaps and hair dryer.
The suites have a bedroom with a double bed (150 cms) and a living room with a fireplace and a basket of firewood included. There is a local charge for more firewood. One suite is on the ground floor. The other on the first floor.
In every room there is a double bed of 1,50m. and the possibility of adding one or more extra beds (sofa beds tailored made for each room).
A fresh bottle of water -with cooler included- every day in the room.
Cots, high-chairs, strollers, bathtubs, bibs, baby monitors, baby bottle sterilizer, baby bottle warmers can be provided for babies.
Reception and comfortable sitting area.
Dining room with bar.
10,000 square metres of grounds.
Interior baroque patio with tables and chairs.
Two terraces with tables and chairs.
Garden area with sun loungers.
Ping pong and badminton.
Parking in the grounds.
Owners can arrange bike hire, excursions etc.
A Continental breakfast is served in the dining room, in the patio or in your room. Should you want a cooked breakfast, there is an extra charge for this.
Dinner is available (must be booked in advance). Tito and Loli do the cooking. There is an extensive menu, including seafood and fish. Top quality, fresh, local ingredients.
They can also advise you on local restaurants.
Hotel FacilitiesTour Booking Service
WiFi all areas
Shared Lounge / TV Area
No smoking in hotel
Sports and WellbeingSwimming Pool (outdoor, all year)
Room facilities (all rooms)En-suite bathroom
Tea/Coffee making facilities
Shower over bathtub
DiningResaurant / dining room for guests only
Bars / restaurants within walking distance of the hotel
Bar with terrace, for clients only serving drinks and light snacks
Poolside bar, open to the public, serving drinks and light snacks
AccessibilityRoom(s) adapted for guests with reduced mobility
Parking space adapted for guests with reduced mobility
ParkingOn-site parking (free)
Sanxenxo, North Spain
Just two kilometres from the bustling resort of Sanxenxo and a seven minute walk to Playa Areas beach, Sear is a hamlet of residential houses and farms surrounded by fields and vineyards.
- Lovely riverside walks " Las Rutas de Los Molinos" taking in ancient watermills (some now restored) in Meano and the surrounding area .
- Numerous Bodegas (wineries) to visit to sample and buy the fantastic, internationally renowned white wine "Albarino".
- Visit the ancient monasteries of Armentieira and Poio, just a short drive away.
- Spend a few hours or more in the old, coastal town of Cambados, capital and heart of the Albarino wine making area.
- Enjoy Combarro, a museum almost, of a typical Galician fishing village.
- Take a boat trip in the Rias de Arousa and Pontevedra, visiting the mussel beds.
- Enjoy all kinds of watersports – diving, snorkelling, sailing,windsurfing, canoeing, rafting and fishing.
- Experience the lively fish markets at Sanxenxo, O Grove and Portonovo.
- Play golf at the fabulous 18 hole courses at nearby Meis and Isla La Toja.
- Horse riding and cycling (you can rent electric bikes, with or without a guide).
- Indulge yourself in a gastronomic tour with reservations at "key" restaurants in the area.
- Feast on fish and seafood at the lively resort and marina of Sanxenxo.
- Take a boat trip to the magical Islas Cies from Vigo.
- Visit the historic cities of Santiago de Compostela, Pontevedra and Vigo – all within easy reach.