4-star Hotel / Parador
HVDA1, Villabuena de Alava, North Spain
Architect designed boutique wine hotel
Architect-designed, very modern and very 'boutique' this small hotel is the ideal base to get a real feel of the modern Rioja Alavesa, where modern architecture, wonderful wines and top-flight gastronomy abound.
Use the bikes, supplied by the hotel, to get in amongst the vines or even to visit some of the main highlights which are so close you could walk there. Or hop in the car and you have the whole Rioja at your disposal as well as Burgos, Soria and Vitoria.
The hotel boasts a renowned gastronomic restaurant as well as a rooftop terrace with stunning views. There's a small gym and a pool right next door which clients can use free of charge.
33 rooms including 14 deluxe and 2 suites
All rooms have:
Individually controlled air-conditioning and heating.
En-suite bathrooms with hair dryer
Minibar with selected wine from the region
Complementary still and sparkling water
32” TV with international channels
DVD player and movies in various languages
Electronic safety box
Disabled facilities available
Free Internet access (WIFI or LAN)
Wine-Tasting Bar with tastings with expert sommelier
Exclusive wines from the region and wine shop
Access to the public swimming pool next to the hotel
Free Gym Access
Exterior lounge with views to the Mountains of Cantabria
Turn down service
Gastronomic restaurant with ? la carte and tasting menus. Extensive wine list and expert sommelier.
There's also a wine bar which offers less formal dining and lighter meals at any time of day.
Hotel Facilities24 Hour Reception
Tour Booking Service
WiFi all areas
No smoking in hotel
Sports and WellbeingGym
Room facilities (all rooms)En-suite bathroom
Fridge / Minibar
Safe deposit box
DiningRestaurant, open to the public
Bar, open to the public, serving drinks and light snacks
Bar with terrace, open to the public, serving drinks and light snacks
AccessibilityFacilities adapted for guests with reduced mobility
Room(s) adapted for guests with reduced mobility
Parking space adapted for guests with reduced mobility
ParkingOn-site parking (free)
Electric vehicle charging station
PetsNo pets allowed
Villabuena de Alava, North Spain
Just north of the Ebro River, at the heart of the Rioja Alavesa, Villabuena de Alava is well placed to explore the Rioja wine region as a whole as well as the Sierra de Cantabria and the Sierra de Cebollera.
The village lives and breathes wine, with 48 wineries in total including the famous Baigorri and Izadi, both of which are housed in exotic architect-designed buildings. In fact the location is perfect for anyone interested modern architecture with the Marques de Riscal wine hotel, designed by Frank Gehry, just a stone's throw away.
Logroño, Laguardia and the excellent Dinastia Vivanco wine museum are all close by and further afield the historic cities of Burgos, Vitoria and Soria are all within easy reach for days out.
- Take the walking Wine Tour of Villabuena – a unique chance to visit 5 independent wineries with tapas included!
- Visit the stunning Church of Santa María de los Reyes with it's polychromatic portico.
- Logroño's charming old town and lively tapas bars of Calle Laurel.
- The historic Cathedral of Santo Domingo de la Calzada on the Camino de Santiago.
- Sierra de Cebollera Natural Park for hiking and nature.
- Monasteries of Yuso and Suso in San Millán de la Cogolla.
- Haro Wine Festival (Batalla del Vino) in late June.
- Dinastia Vivanco Museum of Wine Culture – not to be missed.
- Dinosaurs Museum in Enciso showcasing the region's paleontological heritage.
- Visit the medieval villages of Laguardia, Labastida, San Vicente de la Sonsierra, Cuzcurrita del Rio Tirón and many more…
- Explore the vineyards and countryside, with scenic views of rolling hills and vine-covered landscapes.
- Marqués de Riscal winery, designed by Frank Gehry – one of several ‘Catedrales de Vino’ in the area designed by famous architects.
- Take a hot air balloon ride over the vineyards for a unique perspective.