Small family run business with local presence
The team in our Cambridge office are ready to answer any queries and help you make a booking.
At the Spanish end our team on the ground have an in depth knowledge of the regions which would be the envy of most locals; they search out and inspect accommodation and are there to help holidays to run smoothly.
Over 30 years of enthusiastic experience in Spain
We’ve been bringing tourists to experience an undiscovered side of Spain for over 30 years. The business grew from our love of the country and its people and we’re just as enthusiastic now as we ever were – come on one of our touring holidays and you’ll soon discover why!
Caring personal service – flexible to your needs
Call us and you’ll always talk to a real person with in depth knowledge of the area and the practicalities of travel to and around Spain. We always try to be as flexible as possible to ensure you get the holiday you desire.
Our ethos has always been to offer holidays in beautiful regions of Spain, where life depends not on tourism, but on farming and fishing, where local traditions are alive and valued, where visitors will find much to see and do and where they will be genuinely welcome.
Fully Bonded members of AITO
Casas Cantabricas is a member of AITO, the Association of Independent Tour Operators. Established in 1976, the AITO symbol has become the hallmark of good holidays from specialist tour operators. All AITO companies are fully bonded and governed by AITO’s independent dispute settlement service, which means you are in safe hands when you book with an AITO member.
Casas Cantabricas is currently bonded through the ABTOT bond
Our clients’ testimonials
Here are a few of the direct feedback comments we’ve received since 2015 via our association AITO.
To see all the feedback please visit AITO.com.
- Douro Wine Valley PO4, June 2017. A 3 week tour with classic cars visiting most major cities in Northern Spain and Portugal, Covered about 1700 miles in beautiful countryside visiting some spectacular places. The Tarmac in Spain must be the best in Europe!This is the 2nd time we have used them. Very helpful and accommodating to our needs… read more.
- Caminando North Portugal PO2, July 2017. We have now visited Spain and Portugal 6 times with Casas Cantbricas, each time visiting new regions. They have never failed to come up with a well-planned itinerary, taking in some stunning and interesting destinations. The accommodation they find suits us perfectly, from city-centre hotel to mountain-top retreat, from tucked-away quintas to ducal palaces – wonderful! They also provide all of the information you need beforehand and an app which we used for the first time this year and found it extremely useful. I can’t fault them! …. read more.
- Best of north west Iberia PO6, July 2017. 2 weeks across Spain and Portugal. The accommodation which Casas Cantabricas manage to find and book has been, without exception, amazing. Very different in every location but always leaving us wishing we could have stayed longer……. it was a truly memorable holiday.Excellent personal service and advice at all times from Casas Cantabricas. This was the second holiday we have booked with them and we will use them again, without a doubt… read more.
- Wine and Mountains PC4, August 2017…. 10 days from the mountains in the north and plains of Aragon and Navarra. We saw lovely countryside and a wide range of wildlife, particularly birds of pray. Very frilendly and helpful when I made the booking. We received helpful advice and accompanying documentation …… read more.
- North West iberia PO5, September 2017. Was better than expected. Well organised and very helpful support. Can’t recommend highly enough…. read more.
- Discover Galicia NC5, October 2017. Their app was invaluable in keeping us up to date with information in the relevant area, weather forecasts, and advice about what we should see. They were very flexible about responding to our needs and we had a custom made package which suited our needs completely……. read more.
- Mar y Montaña NC4, October 2017. This area of Northern Spain, Cantabria and Asturias, was unexpectedly beautiful and easy to drive around. Anyone we met was pleasant and welcoming, the food and wine very good and relatively inexpensive…. Highly recommended, organised everything to perfection ….. read more.
- Camino del Norte NC1, September 2016. Casas Cantabricas were so helpful from pre-booking to the day of arrival. They are very knowledgeable about the area and provided lots of useful information to enable us to make the most of our stay. I felt that nothing was too much trouble for them….. read more.
- Taste of the North – NC3, August 2016. Efficient, friendly and SO helpful. It was really nice dealing with you, especially being able to chat on the phone. Best we have ever dealt with over 50 years! …. read more.
- Bilbao, Rioja and Coast – Camino del este, September 2015. The different landscape and scenery, accompanied by amazing food and wine, plus really nice hotel and friendly people was brilliant…. read more.
- Cross Pyrenees Tour – August 2015. What a wonderful holiday! This was our second road trip holiday with Casas Cantabricas and was equally as good as our first holiday two years ago in which we drove across northern Spain…….. read more.
- Grand Tour of Northern Spain – September 2015. The whole experience from the initial enquiry to the final minute was first class. We were talked through which options were available, all the itinerary was discussed before being booked… read more.