Small family run business with local presence
The team in our Cambridge office are ready to answer any queries and help you make a booking.
At the Spanish end our team on the ground have an in depth knowledge of the regions which would be the envy of most locals; they search out and inspect accommodation and are there to help holidays to run smoothly.
Over 30 years of enthusiastic experience in Spain
We’ve been bringing tourists to experience an undiscovered side of Spain for over 30 years. The business grew from our love of the country and its people and we’re just as enthusiastic now as we ever were – come on one of our touring holidays and you’ll soon discover why!
Caring personal service – flexible to your needs
Call us and you’ll always talk to a real person with in depth knowledge of the area and the practicalities of travel to and around Spain. We always try to be as flexible as possible to ensure you get the holiday you desire.
Our ethos has always been to offer holidays in beautiful regions of Spain, where life depends not on tourism, but on farming and fishing, where local traditions are alive and valued, where visitors will find much to see and do and where they will be genuinely welcome.
Fully Bonded members of AITO
Casas Cantabricas is a member of AITO, the Association of Independent Tour Operators. Established in 1976, the AITO symbol has become the hallmark of good holidays from specialist tour operators. All AITO companies are fully bonded and governed by AITO’s independent dispute settlement service, which means you are in safe hands when you book with an AITO member.
Casas Cantabricas is currently bonded through the ABTOT bond
Our clients’ testimonials
Here are a few of the direct feedback comments we’ve received since 2017 via our association AITO.
To see all the feedback please visit AITO.com.
- Camino Portugues PO3, July 2018. Provided lots of information about accommodation and places to visit. Sorted out car hire and advised on car hire insurance. Happy to spend time on the phone, answering questions.….. read more.
- Camino del norte out-and-back NC7, July 2018. It all felt very personal and all the hotel bookings and directions went smoothly. The chosen hotels were perfect and much better than we could ever have hoped to find ourselves. We would certainly use again and would highly recommend to others….. read more.
- Bilbao to Santiago NC1, July 2018. Heard about Casa Cantabricas from a friend who had done the same route a few years ago. Everything felt personal and all the bookings and directions went smoothly. The chosen hotels and stopping points were perfect and much better than we could ever have hoped to find ourselves. Would certainly use again and would happily recommend to others…. read more.
- Camino del norte NC7, July 2018. Very helpful on the phone in booking the tour which included a couple of days out to see friends in Porto. Endless patience when we wanted to make changes after booking. Well planned and well organised!… read more.
- Western Pyrenees PC2, July 2018. We travelled with Casas Cantabricas last year and were so impressed we returned to them. From the very first enquiry they provided speedy responses that exactly matched our needs. Always friendly both by email and on the phone, their knowledge of the area and the hotel owners ensures an enjoyable and trouble free holiday – with a surprise as you move from hotel to hotel – no two quite the same and each one excellent in its own way. The Vamoos App with directions and all the information you need makes planning just what to see very easy. Already wondering what we can ask them to organise on future occasions…. read more.
- Taste of the North NC3, June 2018. Casas Cantabrica were very helpful throughout . We were able to extend our car hire period, lots of information, including road maps, guide books were sent as soon as we had booked, road closures and alternative routes were advised before we left. We had absolute confidence that they would be available if we should need them…. read more.
- Grand Tour of Northern Spain NC6, June 2018. Brilliant organisation of the tour. Really helpful, made changes to their tour to suit us. Excellent information provided. Directions between locations and to hotels excellent also recommendations places to stop at en route. Lots of information on places of interest and restaurants. The Vamoos app was excellent. Our touring holiday couldn’t be bettered…. read more.
- Wine and Castles IC3, June 2018. Very helpful, well organised, good hotels and excellent at providing a bespoke itinerary…. read more.
- Camino del Norte out-and-back NC7, May 2018. Real attention to detail for all aspects of the trip…. read more.
- Andalucia Guadalquivir AC2, May 2018. Very friendly, great depth of knowledge about Spain, reasonably priced, helpful developing our tailor made tour route, brilliant app with all the details of our trip in electronic format…. read more.
- Douro Wine Valley PO4, June 2017. A 3 week tour with classic cars visiting most major cities in Northern Spain and Portugal, Covered about 1700 miles in beautiful countryside visiting some spectacular places. The Tarmac in Spain must be the best in Europe!This is the 2nd time we have used them. Very helpful and accommodating to our needs… read more.
- Caminando North Portugal PO2, July 2017. We have now visited Spain and Portugal 6 times with Casas Cantbricas, each time visiting new regions. They have never failed to come up with a well-planned itinerary, taking in some stunning and interesting destinations. The accommodation they find suits us perfectly, from city-centre hotel to mountain-top retreat, from tucked-away quintas to ducal palaces – wonderful! They also provide all of the information you need beforehand and an app which we used for the first time this year and found it extremely useful. I can’t fault them! …. read more.
- Best of north west Iberia PO6, July 2017. 2 weeks across Spain and Portugal. The accommodation which Casas Cantabricas manage to find and book has been, without exception, amazing. Very different in every location but always leaving us wishing we could have stayed longer……. it was a truly memorable holiday.Excellent personal service and advice at all times from Casas Cantabricas. This was the second holiday we have booked with them and we will use them again, without a doubt… read more.
- Wine and Mountains PC4, August 2017…. 10 days from the mountains in the north and plains of Aragon and Navarra. We saw lovely countryside and a wide range of wildlife, particularly birds of pray. Very frilendly and helpful when I made the booking. We received helpful advice and accompanying documentation …… read more.
- North West iberia PO5, September 2017. Was better than expected. Well organised and very helpful support. Can’t recommend highly enough…. read more.
- Discover Galicia NC5, October 2017. Their app was invaluable in keeping us up to date with information in the relevant area, weather forecasts, and advice about what we should see. They were very flexible about responding to our needs and we had a custom made package which suited our needs completely……. read more.
- Mar y Montaña NC4, October 2017. This area of Northern Spain, Cantabria and Asturias, was unexpectedly beautiful and easy to drive around. Anyone we met was pleasant and welcoming, the food and wine very good and relatively inexpensive…. Highly recommended, organised everything to perfection ….. read more.