Small family run business with local presence
The team in our Cambridge office are ready to answer any queries and help you make a booking.
At the Spanish end our team on the ground have an in depth knowledge of the regions which would be the envy of most locals; they search out and inspect accommodation and are there to help holidays to run smoothly.
Over 30 years of enthusiastic experience in Spain
We’ve been bringing tourists to experience an undiscovered side of Spain for over 30 years. The business grew from our love of the country and its people and we’re just as enthusiastic now as we ever were – come on one of our touring holidays and you’ll soon discover why!
Caring personal service – flexible to your needs
Call us and you’ll always talk to a real person with in depth knowledge of the area and the practicalities of travel to and around Spain. We always try to be as flexible as possible to ensure you get the holiday you desire.
Our ethos has always been to offer holidays in beautiful regions of Spain, where life depends not on tourism, but on farming and fishing, where local traditions are alive and valued, where visitors will find much to see and do and where they will be genuinely welcome.
Fully Bonded members of AITO
Casas Cantabricas is a member of AITO, the Association of Independent Tour Operators. Established in 1976, the AITO symbol has become the hallmark of good holidays from specialist tour operators. All AITO companies are fully bonded and governed by AITO’s independent dispute settlement service, which means you are in safe hands when you book with an AITO member.
Casas Cantabricas is currently bonded through the ABTOT bond
What our clients say…
Our clients’ testimonials
Here are a few of the direct feedback comments we’ve received since 2018 via our association AITO.
To see all the feedback please visit AITO.com.
- NC1 – Camino del Norte. October 2019. Caminos by Casas Cantabrias and their app Vamoos work well! Casas Cantabrias understood what we wanted to see and customized an itinerary that allowed us freedom to explore and not worry about details. The hotels were lovely and the hoteliers were welcoming. We would recommend them highly,
- PO9 – Secrets of Centro de Portugal. September 2019. Personal service. Excellent choice of venues. Slick on-line communications.
- NC6 – Grand tour of Northern Spain. September 2019. Everything worked as planned – brilliant. Great organisation, everything worked a treat and the Vamoos website was great to use with all the information in one place, brilliant.
- NC7 Camino del Norte Out-and-back September 2019. Excellent customer service. Easy to contact & talk to. Would definitely recommend & buy from them again.
- NC6 – Grand tour of Northern Spain. September 2019. Everything was spot on. The hotels were good with car parking. We have already recommended to friends Casas Cantabricas for a holiday to Northern Spain.
- NC6 – Grand tour of Northern Spain. September 2019. Splendid. Good hotels, useful map, Andy on telephone helpful, enjoyable cities and itinerary.
- NC6 – Grand tour of Northern Spain. September 2019. Very attentive to our needs and requirements, we were kept informed about what was happening both before and after we left. Lots of information about our destinations and support whilst we were away. Friendly and personal service.
- NC4 – Mar y Montaña, September 2019. Excellent customer service, provided a personalised itinerary with delightful historic properties to stay in. Loved the Vamoos travel app with all our travel arrangements, and guides to the different regions we where visiting. Thank you Casas Cantabricas for a perfect holiday.
- NC6 – Grand tour of Northern Spain. September 2019. Fantastic service from start to finish. The team was very helpful from the first point of contact and helped us shape our holiday to Northern Spain, creating the holiday we were looking for.
- NC6 – Grand tour of Northern Spain. September 2019. Brilliant. Everything: Excellent hotels with good locations, facilities and staff. Good suggestions about where to visit. Very useful advice in advance documentation that we could download – an excellent system. My wife does not eat gluten and was very impressed by the information passed to the hotels who provided appropriate food.
- NC6 – Grand tour of Northern Spain. September 2019. Galicia, the secret heart of Spain. Casas sorted everything very well. I presented a route and plan for accommodation and they came back with the holiday. Everything then went to plan.
- PC4 Wine & Mountains Tour, August 2019. Excellent. The service from Casa Cantabricas was excellent. All the information they supplied was accurate & we had no problems during the trip.
- PO7 The Porto to Santander run. September 2019. Amazing holiday with super company. This is a super company – very organised, very responsive and provide so much useful information by book and app.
- NC7 Camino del Norte Out-and-back August 2019. Super holiday. Trip was as promised – everything was well organised and the team were helpful over the phone and via email in accommodating all our requests.
- NC6 – Grand tour of Northern Spain. September 2019. Could not be faulted. Excellent organisation, quick response, quality support information, rapid replies to questions. Hotels and travel plans were first class in all respects. We will most likely use them again and have already recommended them to friends. It was obvious that all destination hotels had been thoroughly checked out.
- NC7 Camino del Norte Out-and-back August 2019. Excellent company to deal with. Very efficient, information was very clear and we loved the tips about where to stop off etc. Directions were excellent and the guide book was our bible for the duration.
- PC4 Wine & Mountains Tour, August 2019. The service from Casa Cantabricas was excellent. All the information they supplied was accurate & we had no problems during the trip.
- Self-catering with hotels. August 2019. Highly recommended. Friendly informative service. Good communication and an obvious enthusiasm for the region with a real personal feel.
- Self-catering with hotels August 2019. The service was very personal in that they were extremely helpful finding one with suitable alternative accommodation when the original choices were booked-up. The agent knew the individual owners and were knowledgeable not only about the accommodation, but also about the local facilities.
- NC6 – Grand Tour of Northern Spain, August 2019. Casas sorted everything very well. I presented a route and plan for accommodation and they came back with the holiday. Everything then went to plan.
- NC4 – Mar y Montaña, August 2019. Very efficient service and cabin upgrade arranged during holiday. Three centred holiday went without a hitch. the first hotel was more remote and possibly of older amenities than we expected but the level of service was first class.
- PO1 – A Taste of Northern Portugal. A fantastic holiday that was well organised and went like clockwork. Would definitely us this company again.
- PO4 – Douro Wine Valley Tour, August 2019. Excellent service and useful information provided for the tour. Some good recommendations regarding sites to see and places to eat. Reasonable price.
- PO7 – The Porto Run, Santander to Porto. August 2019. We had a lovely holiday in Northern Spain and Portugal. Caminos provided an excellent service setting up the route to take and booking a very good selection of hotels all of which treated us with great hospitality. Would use Caminos again for any future travels in Spain.
- PO2 Caminando North Portugal. September 2019. We stayed in 5 varied and excellent hotels seeing a wide variety of sights in north Portugal. The holiday was very well organised, the app made it very easy, directions etc were all very accurate. We would highly recommend Casa Cantabricas.They were efficient and had obviously put a lot of work into selecting the best accommodation and planning the tour.
- Camino Portugues PO3, July 2018. Provided lots of information about accommodation and places to visit. Sorted out car hire and advised on car hire insurance. Happy to spend time on the phone, answering questions.….. read more.
- Camino del norte out-and-back NC7, July 2018. It all felt very personal and all the hotel bookings and directions went smoothly. The chosen hotels were perfect and much better than we could ever have hoped to find ourselves. We would certainly use again and would highly recommend to others….. read more.
- Bilbao to Santiago NC1, July 2018. Heard about Casa Cantabricas from a friend who had done the same route a few years ago. Everything felt personal and all the bookings and directions went smoothly. The chosen hotels and stopping points were perfect and much better than we could ever have hoped to find ourselves. Would certainly use again and would happily recommend to others…. read more.
- Camino del norte NC7, July 2018. Very helpful on the phone in booking the tour which included a couple of days out to see friends in Porto. Endless patience when we wanted to make changes after booking. Well planned and well organised!… read more.
- Western Pyrenees PC2, July 2018. We travelled with Casas Cantabricas last year and were so impressed we returned to them. From the very first enquiry they provided speedy responses that exactly matched our needs. Always friendly both by email and on the phone, their knowledge of the area and the hotel owners ensures an enjoyable and trouble free holiday – with a surprise as you move from hotel to hotel – no two quite the same and each one excellent in its own way. The Vamoos App with directions and all the information you need makes planning just what to see very easy. Already wondering what we can ask them to organise on future occasions…. read more.
- Taste of the North NC3, June 2018. Casas Cantabrica were very helpful throughout . We were able to extend our car hire period, lots of information, including road maps, guide books were sent as soon as we had booked, road closures and alternative routes were advised before we left. We had absolute confidence that they would be available if we should need them…. read more.
- Grand Tour of Northern Spain NC6, June 2018. Brilliant organisation of the tour. Really helpful, made changes to their tour to suit us. Excellent information provided. Directions between locations and to hotels excellent also recommendations places to stop at en route. Lots of information on places of interest and restaurants. The Vamoos app was excellent. Our touring holiday couldn’t be bettered…. read more.
- Wine and Castles IC3, June 2018. Very helpful, well organised, good hotels and excellent at providing a bespoke itinerary…. read more.
- Camino del Norte out-and-back NC7, May 2018. Real attention to detail for all aspects of the trip…. read more.
- Andalucia Guadalquivir AC2, May 2018. Very friendly, great depth of knowledge about Spain, reasonably priced, helpful developing our tailor made tour route, brilliant app with all the details of our trip in electronic format…. read more.